Well we have somehow made it to 200 emails! Thanks to all of you who read them regularly, I do hope you have found them useful over the years...... I give this edition over to Steve Gilmore the club's Secretary:
Clubs have many challenges and ours is no different. These challenges range from ringing round on a Saturday morning to find a player, organising a beer delivery, submitting a grant application or simply trying to get the grass cut.
These activities are mostly undertaken by our committee and we have been very fortunate to have had a stable team for a significant period of time, and they can be proud of their accomplishments in taking the club forward to where we are today.
Understandably, due to changes in roles, work commitments or just needing a break, we are recruiting for some key positions ahead of our AGM on Sunday 19th January 2020. Filling these positions will be our focus over the coming months as it is crucial to the effective running of the club that we have a full committee.
Our committee members are all volunteers and rarely are experts in the positions they hold but each role will be supported with training and advice, so open to anybody with enthusiasm and a little spare time.
The key positions (with a very simplified role description) we are looking to recruit for are:
- Membership Secretary (ensuring players are registered and monitoring the yearly payment of subs with the support of the treasurer)
- Fixture Secretary (organising Sunday fixtures (mainly for 2021 now) and any league queries regarding fixtures);
- Bar secretary (ordering stock, liaising with the brewery and keeping the bar fit for purpose);
- Fundraising Officer (reviewing opportunities and submitting online applications); and
- Press/Social Media Secretary (advertising the clubs achievements).
Thanks already to Gillers who has volunteered to be our new Clubmark Officer!
Due to the increased popularity of our younger age groups (primary school age) we are looking to add to our support coaches. As you would be working with our coaching team you don’t need to have played cricket or have any coaching experience (although courses are available for those interested), so all you need to do is successfully complete a DBS application (which we can help with) and have some enthusiasm to help.
Please contact myself (email@example.com or 07891342891) or any member of the club committee for information or just a chat regarding one of the positions.
Thanks very much
North Enfield CC, General Secretary"
Well said Steve! I can say with some certainly and authority that sitting on Committee and being involved in the inner running of the club is hugely rewarding. Please get in touch and consider how you can help to keep our great club flourishing into the 2020s and beyond.....
Three more things
- please find Steve's invitation to the 2020 AGM attached to the right of these words
- I mentioned that some of our Juniors are hosing a fundraising gig. The date is confirmed for Saturday 1st February 2020. Please note in your new diaries.
- finally Merry Christmas to you all!
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. our club then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes
Chairman, North Enfield Cricket Club