1. The name of the club is North Enfield Cricket Club, hereafter to be referred to as "the club" and the club shall be affiliated to the England and Wales Cricket Board through the Middlesex Cricket Board and the Hertfordshire Cricket Board.
2. The club colours shall be Green and Gold.
3. Aims and Objectives (1) To foster and promote the sport of cricket at an amateur level within the community and within the sport, providing opportunities for recreation, coaching and competition. (2) To ensure that all members, playing and non-playing, abide by the Laws of Cricket and by the ECB Code of Conduct which incorporates the Spirit of Cricket. (3) To adopt and implement the ECB Club Inclusion and Diversity Policy and any future versions of this policy. (4) To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club, by adopting and implementing the ECB ‘Safe Hands – Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children’ and any future versions of the Policy. (5) To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club by adopting and implementing the ECB ‘Cricket Equity Policy’ and any future versions of the Policy. (6) To encourage all members to participate fully in the activities of the club.
4. Membership (1) Membership of the club shall be open to anyone interested in the sport of cricket on application regardless of sex, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or other beliefs. However, limitation of membership according to available facilities is allowable on a non-discriminatory basis. (2) The club may have different classes of membership and subscription on a non-discriminatory and fair basis. The club will keep subscriptions at levels that will not pose a significant obstacle to people participating. (3) Application for membership of the club shall be by completion of a membership application form and by payment of the relevant subscription/joining fees as determined by the Annual General Meeting of the club. (4) No person shall be eligible to take part in the business of the club or be eligible for selection for any club team unless the appropriate subscription has been paid by the specified date or membership has been agreed by the Committee. (5) The annual subscription payment covers membership of the club and is not a guarantee of team selection. Failure to pay the full annual subscription by the due date may render the player ineligible for selection. Team selection shall be determined by the Selection Committee that shall comprise each team captain and vice-captain. (6) The club Management Committee may refuse membership, or remove it, only for good cause such as conduct or character likely to bring the club or cricket into disrepute. Appeal against refusal or removal may be made to the Management Committee who shall appoint an Appeals Committee to hear the appeal. (7) All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the club will be deemed to accept these regulations and any Codes of Conduct that the club has adopted. The constitution shall identify those members eligible to vote at any General Meetings.
5. Classes of Membership The club will have the following classes of membership: (1) Full member- aged 18 and over on 1st April of the current season. (2) Junior member (aged less than 18 years on the 1st April of the current season). Not entitled to vote at club meetings. (3) Honorary Life Members- Such membership is to be awarded at the recommendation of the Management Committee and approved at the Annual General Meeting. Life membership is offered without a subscription, and such members, who will normally have been playing members, may attend all social functions without payment, and can also attend the Annual General Meeting with the power to vote. (4) Vice-Presidents - Such membership is to be awarded at the recommendation of the Management Committee and approved at the Annual General Meeting. Vice President is offered without a subscription, and such members may attend all social functions without payment, and can also attend the Annual General Meeting with the power to vote. (5) Social Member. Not entitled to vote at club meetings. The Membership Secretary will keep a register of members. All members of the club will be entitled to full use of the club’s playing, practise and social facilities. Membership is not transferable and shall cease on death. A member may resign by written notice to the club but the return of any subscription paid is at the discretion of the Management Committee.
6. Election of club Officials (1) All club Officials shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting of the club from, and by, the members of the club. Any member of the club may be elected to office in his/her absence, subject to prior written notification of his/her willingness to stand for the office in question. All Officials shall be elected for a period of one year, but shall be eligible for re-election to the same office or to another office the following year. (2) The Executive Officers of the club shall be as follows: - Honorary Chairman - Honorary Secretary - Honorary Treasurer (3) In addition, other appointed officers of the club shall be as follows: - Membership Secretary - Team Captains and Vice-Captains - Such other appointed officers of the club as proposed and elected at the Annual General Meeting. (4) The Honorary Officers of the club shall be as follows: - President - Vice President(s) - Life Member(s)
7. The Management Committee (1) The affairs of the club shall be conducted by the Management Committee comprising no less than the three Executive Officers of the club and no less than five other members elected from, and by, the Full Members of the club. Only these members of the Management Committee shall be entitled to vote at the meetings. (2) The Management Committee will be convened by the Honorary Secretary and shall meet once a month, at a time to be agreed among its members. Five members are necessary to form a quorum, two of which must be Executive Officers, for business to be agreed at meetings. (3) An elected Management Committee member ceases to be such if he or she ceases to be a member of the club, resigns by written notice, or is removed by the Committee for good cause after the member concerned has been given the chance of putting their case to the Committee. Appeal against removal may be made to the Appeals Committee. The Management Committee shall fairly decide the time limits and formalities for these steps.
8. The duties of the Management Committee shall be: (1) To control the affairs of the club on behalf of the members. (2) To keep accurate accounts of the finances of the club through the Honorary Treasurer. These should be available for reasonable inspection by members and should be audited before every Annual General Meeting. The club shall maintain a bank current account and the following Officers shall be authorised to sign club cheques: any two from the Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary or any full member appointed by the Management Committee as necessary. (3) To make decisions on the basis of a simple majority vote. In the case of equal votes, the Chair shall be entitled to an additional casting vote. (4) To nominate and appoint the Honorary President who should normally be asked to remain in office for a period of no longer than 5 years. (5) To appoint a club Junior Secretary who shall also be the Welfare Officer to ensure compliance with safeguarding legislation and the ECB Safe Hands policy. The Club Junior Secretary & Welfare Officer shall report to the Management Committee meetings and the reports, together with any action taken, must be recorded in the minutes. (6) To vote on the annual ‘Clubman of the Year’ award. (7) To Co-opt additional members on to the Committee as they feel necessary. The Co-opted members shall not be entitled to a vote on the Management Committee.
9. The Management Committee has the power to: (1) acquire and provide grounds, equipment, coaching, training and playing facilities, clubhouse, and transport, medical and related facilities (2) provide coaching, training, medical treatment, and related social and other facilities (3) take out any insurance for club, employees, contractors, players, guests and third parties (4) raise funds by appeals, subscriptions, loans and charges (5) borrow money and give security for the same and open bank accounts (6) buy lease or licence property and sell, let or otherwise dispose of the same (7) make grants and loans and give guarantees and provide other benefits (8) set aside funds for special purposes or as reserves (9) invest funds in any lawful manner (10) employ and engage staff and others and provide services (11) co-operate with or affiliate firstly to any bodies regulating or organising the sport of cricket and secondly any club or body involved with cricket and thirdly with government and related agencies (12) do all other things reasonably necessary to advance the aims and objectives of the club. None of the above powers may be used other than to advance the aims and objectives in a manner consistent with the Rules and the general law.
10. Selection Committee The Selection Committee shall consist of the Captains and Vice-Captains of all Saturday and Sunday teams and shall be responsible for team selection.
11. General Meetings The Annual General Meeting of the club shall be held not later than the end of February each year. Twenty-one clear days’ notice of the Annual General Meeting shall be given to members by serving notice and posting the notice on the club notice board. Members must advise the Secretary in writing of any other business to be moved at the Annual General Meeting at least fourteen days before a meeting. The Secretary shall circulate or give notice of the agenda for the meeting to members not less than seven days before the meeting. The business of the Annual General Meeting shall be to: (1) Confirm the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting and any General Meetings held since the last Annual General Meeting. (2) Receive the audited accounts for the year from the Treasurer. (3) Receive the annual report of the Committee from the Secretary. (4) Elect an auditor/s. (5) Elect the officers of the club also including consideration of proposals for approval of Life Members / Vice Presidents as may be recommended by the Management Committee. (6) Review club subscription rates and agree them for the forthcoming year. (7) Transact such other business received in writing by the Secretary from members 14 days prior to the meeting and included on the agenda. Nominations of candidates for election of officers shall be made in writing to the Secretary at least 14 days in advance of the Annual General Meeting date. Nominations can only be made by eligible voting members and must be seconded by the same. Special General Meetings may be convened by the Committee or on receipt by the Secretary of a request in writing from not less than 50% of eligible voting members of the club. At least twenty-one days’ notice of the meeting shall be given. At all General Meetings, the Chair will be taken by the Chair or, in his/her absence, by a deputy appointed by the club members attending the meeting. Decisions made at a General Meeting shall be by a simple majority vote from those voting members attending the meeting. In the event of equal votes, the Chair of the meeting shall be entitled to an additional casting vote. A quorum for a General Meeting shall be fifteen voting Members, including at least one from the Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. Each Full Member, Vice President and Life Members of the club shall be entitled to one vote at General Meetings. Social and Junior Members will not be entitled to vote.
12. Alterations to the Constitution Any proposed alterations to the club constitution may only be considered at an Annual or Special General Meeting, convened with the required written notice of the proposal. Any alteration or amendment must be proposed by an eligible voting member of the club and seconded by the same. Such alterations shall be passed if supported by not less than two-thirds of those voting members present at the meeting, assuming that a quorum has been achieved. A copy of the club constitution shall be exhibited at all times in the clubhouse.
13. Finance All club monies shall be banked in an account in the name of the club. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the finances of the club and for providing a report on the financial position as required by the Committee. The Treasurer shall ensure that the club maintains adequate and appropriate insurance to cover the activities of the club. The financial year will end on 31st December. The Treasurer will present an audited statement of annual accounts at the Annual General Meeting. Any cheques drawn against club funds should hold the signatures of any two from the Chair, Treasurer and Secretary.
14. Property and Funds The property and funds of the club cannot be used for the direct or indirect private benefit of members other than as reasonably allowed by the rules and all surplus income or profits shall be reinvested in the club. The club may also in connection with the sports purposes of the club: (1) sell and supply food, drink and related sports clothing and equipment. (2) indemnify the Committee and members acting properly in the course of the running of the club against any liability incurred in the proper running of the club (but only to the extent of its assets).
15. Discipline and Appeals All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be lodged in writing with the Secretary. The Committee shall appoint a disciplinary sub-committee who will meet to hear complaints within 10 days of a complaint being lodged. Any member requested to attend a disciplinary sub-committee shall be entitled to be accompanied by a friend or other representative and to call witnesses. The Committee (or its sub-committee) has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action, including the termination of membership, after giving due consideration to the requirements of the ECB Code of Conduct, Spirit of Cricket, Middlesex Cricket Board and Hertfordshire Cricket Board Disciplinary Codes. The outcome of the disciplinary hearing shall be put in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within five days following the hearing. There shall be a right of appeal to the Committee against either the finding or the sanction imposed or both following disciplinary action being taken. The Committee shall appoint an appeals committee (a maximum of three) which shall not include members involved with the initial disciplinary hearing but may include non-members of the club. The Appeals Committee shall consider the appeal within 10 days of the Secretary receiving the appeal. The individual submitting the appeal shall be entitled to be accompanied by a friend or other representative and to call witnesses. The decision of the Appeals Committee shall be final and binding on all parties.
16. Dissolution (1) If at any General Meeting of the club, a resolution be passed calling for the dissolution of the Club, the Secretary shall immediately convene a Special General Meeting of the club to be held not less than one month thereafter to discuss and vote on the resolution. (2) If at that Special Meeting, the resolution is carried by at least two-thirds of the Full Voting Membership present at the meeting, the Management Committee shall thereupon, or at such date as shall have been specified in the resolution, proceed to realise the assets of the club and discharge all debts and liabilities of the club. (3) After settling all liabilities of the club, the Management Committee shall dispose of the net assets remaining to one or more of the following:
to another club with similar sports purposes which is a charity; and/or
to another club with similar sports purposes which is a registered CASC; and/or
to the club’s national governing body for use by them for related community sports.
(Updated April 2019)
This is the background of the Bottom Area shown below. It'll display correctly on published site.
If you don't want background for the bottom area, simply hover over the bottom of this image to delete it. The background of the bottom area will be a solid dark color.
Further your interest in cricket | Participate and socialise.