I hope my mail finds all members and friends of our wonderful club well. I draft this listening to Middlesex's last home game of the season, we also have a couple of games left before the end of the season until those nights draw in.....
We still have lots to look forward to over the next few months, here is a reminder of the key dates.
- 25th September - NECC EGM to discuss adult league cricket in 2019. Notice was given in Mail 161 on 23rd July and mentioned at the Junior Presentation Evening. All are welcome and positively encouraged to attend. If you are unable to attend please mail / call me with your thoughts so they can be added into the mix on the night. We as a club need to decide how we all move forward. I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday for a 19.00 start.
- As per the Fixture Card, the weekends of 6/7th and 13/14th October are our end of season Work Rotas. We need to tear up the old wickets and reseed them which is so much easier with lots of hands. There are many other jobs to do too. Can you please do your best to attend a few hours on one of the days. In previous years way too much has been done by a handful of people. This work is so important and should be done by the whole club. On the first Saturday 'Ken's Cafe' will be open! Ken is cooking bacon rolls and making cups of tea for the troops. See you there....
- President's Putter - we have decided to postpone until Spring next year. We were unable to get a date and enough time for us all to get round. Thanks to Andy Pearson for trying, 2019 date to follow
- 20th October - As you will have seen on WhatsApp too we are holding a Race Night with all funds going towards our new roller. We have access to a full race card and the bar will be open. Please put the date in the diary and bring some friends to raise some much needed funds for our much needed roller.
- 9th November - NECC Dinner & Dance to be held at Enfield Ignatians Rugby Club (EIRFC). Ticket will be £35 for adults and £25 for our U15 players. Price includes a three course meal and DJ. Kathryn is organising again this year, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place or your table.
- 15th December - we want to support EIRFC President's lunch as we have done previously. It is a great afternoon and a great way to support our sporting neighbours. Please let me know if you can join and make up a cricket table.
- 16th December - NECC Christmas Wreath Making. Back by popular demand, thanks to Steve Gilmore for coordinating this
- 31st December - Family NYE. As per this year's successful night, we are going to hold another party to see in 2019. I emphasise 'family' as there will be a cinema and activities for all the young people. Further details to follow....
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. our club then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes
Chairman, North Enfield Cricket Club