I hope that all is well with you all and like me, you have your fingers crossed that those daffodils are not not far away from appearing! Although the ground is the wettest I've seen/felt it there are a lot of things happening off the pitch that I want to update you all on. So in no particular order,
1. Thanks to all those who attended our AGM. We had a really good turnout and on reflection I felt that we covered some really important areas. For those of you that were not there I've attached my report for you to read through. If anyone has any questions following the night, then please let me know and I’ll happily answer as best I can. Also my thanks to all those who have stood and were voted into positions on the night. Simply we would not have a club without you! I look forward to working with you all in 2014.....
2. Very unexpectantly NECC have been short-listed by LBE as "Sports Club of the Year 2013." We had a very surprise email arrive on our club 'electronic doormat' which is brilliant! Award night is on the 20th March and I will be attending. If anyone wants to join me then let me know.... I'll keep you posted.
3. Club nets are booked at St Mary's School, Cheshunt from 1st to 29th April inclusive. All seniors are welcome, you might even have a mate who fancies starting/playing again then please bring him/her along. Time 19.00-20.00.
4. Our St Patrick’s evening of music, food and fun on Saturday 15th March 2014 (19.30ish start) at North Enfield is almost sold out. Thanks to all of you who have supported! Tickets are £7.50 per adult and will include a live Irish sing a long band (Elsyng) and a varied Irish buffet. Please contact Mandy (07951 701086) or Andy 07538 911103) soonest to ‘get your name on the list.’
5. I will send another Junior Special (not called Colts anymore for some reason) mail in the near future. But I just want to say that there is a lot of planning for next season done already/in progress. Chris, Kieran, Ben, Phil, Andy and myself have been working to get everything and everyone organised. More to follow next time, but needless to say I am v v excited!
6. The bad weather has caused some damage I'm afraid. One our our sightscreens has come off second best to the wind, as you will see from the attached pictures. We are taking steps thanks for Bob and Darren to get it repaired, but there will need some assistance needed to carry out the work in the coming month or so. I will let you know details in time......
7. Speaking of work, workrota weekends are set and we have LOTS to do. PLEASE mark these off in your diary and do your bit, seniors, parents and juniors. The more the merrier!
- Natwest Work Weekend = 5+6th April - Gleno's legendary bacon rolls to be served to all on the Saturday morning!
- Followed by 12+13 April
8. North London Coaching Bursary is a really useful scheme to assist with the cost of coaching qualifications. If anyone wants to get qualified, then please let me know. At the end of the day we need more help and qualified people to run Wednesday nights, Junior summer league teams, winter nets and so on. Six members have completed coaching, scoring and umpiring over the winter, plus child welfare and first aid courses. The club has arranged the funding. All have really enjoyed it, why not you too? Please let me know if you want follow in their qualified footsteps.....
9. As some of you must be aware Middlesex County CC is 150 years old this year. Have a look at their website as there are lots of events taking place to celebrate their important milestone http://www.middlesexccc.com/
10. Finally NECC is appearing on other people's websites now. I think we should try and get a commission for any new systems sold!! http://www.stuartcanvascricket.com/product/cricket-training-facilities-2/
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. North Enfield CC then please let me know.
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes