We are almost there, the season is within touching distance. So what's going on?
1. Thanks to all those who attended workrota last weekend. We have another this coming weekend. PLEASE ALL DO YOUR BIT; seniors, parents and juniors. Meet from 10.00 all days. Please all make a contribution!
2. Indoor nets have started at St Mary's School, Cheshunt and will continue until the 29th April. All seniors are welcome, you might even have a mate who fancies starting/playing again then please bring him/her along. Time 19.00-20.00.
3. I have had a few more people fill in our online questionnaire (thanks to them), but still nowhere near enough. Knowing what you want helps all of us on the committee shape a club for all members. Thanks in advance for taking a few minutes out! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T8YQB3D not all of the questions will be appropriate to all members, please tick the N/A box as you need to.
4. Hopefully everyone got the mail and details regarding membership for 2014. Please let me know if not. There is little change to adult membership, but important changes affecting our Juniors. Here is a summary for all members as to the changes we propose for 2014. We sincerely have made these decisions with the best intention for all.
- Groups to be split this year as per the teams that are playing in the Herts Junior League (draft fixtures attached). All results and tables can be followed online. I will forward these detail next time. Teams =
- U9 (to play with Incrediball)
- U10 (to play with Incrediball)
- U11 (to play with hardball)
- New timing on a Wednesday to take pressure off coach availability
- U9, U8 + U7 - 18.15 to 19.15
- U11 + U10 - 19.00 to 20.00
- Dates = 23rd April through 6 August inclusive. Season is 16 weeks
- Upon reviewing the spread to juniors ‘on the books’ we need to try and recruit U10, U8 + U7
- Owing to huge investment in nets, equipment, cost of entering teams into leagues, cost of all certification agreed to a modest raise fees as detailed in Chris's letter. No match fees on to top of this charge
- Chargeable bacon rolls to be provided on Sunday morning fixtures, otherwise tuck shop stock to be increased as there will be more custom after matches this year
Please let Kieran, Chris or me know if there are any concerns or questions on these changes please. These are supposed to engage and promote our Junior's, not cause concern. Please let us know if this is not the case!
5. As you know we came runner up in the 'Enfield Club of the Year Award' to be honest it was such a thrill to be nominated. Attached is a picture of your 'good looking' Chairman with our mayor picking up our certificate!
I say it in every mail because it is true; NECC is as much your club as it is mine and all of us on Management. If you have any ideas, suggestions, observations or thoughts about anything re. North Enfield CC then please let me know (especially via the online survey!!).
Many thanks for reading my mails and with very best wishes